The Sons of The American Legion!
Leave the ordinary behind!
Join the Sons of The American Legion and make a difference.
Greendale American Legion Post 416 - 6351 W. Grange Avenue, Greendale, WI 53129 Phone: 414-421-3371
This page was last updated: May 4, 2015
Who is eligible for S.A.L?
All male descendants, adopted sons and stepsons of members of The American Legion, and such male descendants of veterans who died in service during World War I, World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, Lebanon, Grenada, Panama, the Persian GulfWar, and the War on Terrorism, or who died subsequent to their honorable discharge from such service, shall be eligible for membership in the Sons of The American Legion. Eligibility begins from date of birth.
Since eligibility begins from the date of birth, activities and programs vary by age groups, apparent needs, needs of the community, and capabilities of those serving as leaders and advisors. The squadron has the flexibility to plan programs and activities based on all of these needs and considerations. As far as the imagination can dream, all of these are possibilities!
They believe in the Preamble to their Constitution. It reads:
Proud possessors of a priceless heritage, we male descendants of veterans of the Great Wars associate ourselves together as "Sons of The American Legion" for the following purposes:
* To uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America;
* To maintain law and order;
* To foster and perpetuate a true spirit of Americanism;
* To preserve the memories of our former members and the association of our members and their
forefathers in the Great Wars;
* To inculcate** a sense of individual obligation to the Community, State and Nation;
* To combat the autocracy of both the classes and the masses;
* To make right the master of might;
* To promote peace and good will on earth;
* To safeguard and transmit to posterity the principles of justice, freedom and democracy;
* To concecrate and sanctify our friendship by our devotion to mutual helpfulness;
* To adopt in letter and spirit all of the great principles for which The American Legion stands;
* To assist in carrying on for God and Country.
** Inculcate: [in-kuhl-keyt]: To teach persistently and earnestly.
The squadron looks up to qualified adult leaders who have an interest in leading young people in programs that promote fun and a healthy lifestyle. Many of these leaders have youngsters of their own. Examples of activities may include teaching members about Americanism, flag etiquette and helping others in need. Social activities may include baseball, basketball, bowling, roller skating, camping, shooting sports, parties and so on. The youth may be involved in a service to our Community, State and Nation to make them a better place to live. The main idea is to encourage friendship in a patriotic way and be part of an organization that truly cares! Come join us.
The Sons of The American Legion are extremely important to The American Legion and the Community, State and Nation. These members of our great organization are involved in a host of activities. You don't have to be a veteran to be a member. All you have to do is be a son, a grandson, a great grandson, etc. of a veteran who honorably served this great country of ours. You can instantly get involved and show your patriotic side plus make friends. Plus there are no age restrictions to be a member.
Please consider becoming a youth leader in The Sons of The American Legion and thank you for joining!
About the Sons of The American Legion (S.A.L.)
The Sons of The American Legion do a lot for the community including raising money for scholarships and special projects. All money that they raise goes back to the community to help others. The Sons of The American Legion are 100% powered by volunteerism and we thank them for their services.